Saving Money in Your Home
Updated: Jul 19, 2019
If you are going through a renovation in your home, chances are you are doing it for aesthetic reasons. Or, perhaps your budget isn’t that big and you want to make a few changes. Here are a few suggestions that will upgrade your home but more importantly, SAVE YOU MONEY! Some will also save you energy which is really important too!
1) Get a smart power strip. You can get this at Amazon.com ($30) and it only gives power to the electrical device plugged in if it is on.
2) Add insulation. You will save on fuel bills and get a tax credit on the materials cost.
3) Change your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL). They last much much longer and use much much less energy.
4) Look for the energy star label (www.energystar.gov) when buying new appliances.
5) Seal up the small cracks and gaps in your house to prevent heat or air-conditioning from escaping. It is easy to do and you might get a tax credit as well. You can also get a blanket for your water heater.
6) Install a programmable thermostat. It will instantly save you on your electric bill.
7) Change your air filters in your heating/cooling system every three months.
Check out "MY MONEY MATTERS" kit. Boxed Set of Affirmation Cards, Instant Money Tips and Workbooklets Tools to Build Peace of Mind and Long-Term Wealth www.mymoneykit.com.
If you are not already a subscriber, I invite you to subscribe to my FREE weekly e-mail newsletter at DownToEarthFinance-On@zines.webvalence.com for smart tips to save more money and independent advice about mutual funds and retirement or or visit Down-to-Earth Finance.